As part of our Bateau To Go program, we're offering select items to prepare at home like our beloved, not-so-secret off-menu Burger. The Bateau Burger Kit comes with 1lb of our grass fed, dry aged ground beef, 2 homemade buns, garlic aioli, and caramelized onion jam. Head over to our homepage to see how you can purchase this item to go, and then use the instructions below to prepare at home!
We've been LOVING to see how you've been preparing the Bateau Burger in your own unique ways at home. Tag us on Instagram @bateauseattle to show us your best burger!
Bateau Burger Kit (serves 2)
make at home instructions a la Bateau
1. Preheat oven to the broiler setting
2. Slice bun open
3. Slather with tempered butter on both sides
4. Place in an oven-safe pan and set in oven to toast
5. Let rest while cooking burger.
1. Melt 1oz of butter for every lb. of beef (optional)
2. Pour butter (if using) over ground beef in mixing bowl, use a rubber spatula to lightly incorporate melted butter into ground beef
3. Form 8oz patty into ¾ inch thick patty (ideally you want to use a 3 ½ inch ring mold)
4. If time allows, make patties in advance and refrigerate for up to 2 days in advance/min of 2 hours (or 25 minutes in the freezer). You really want that patty to set!
5. Liberally salt and pepper patty
6. Cook in a cast iron pan on a grill outside. (If you cook inside: this creates a lot of smoke, so beware and turn your hood on if you have one.)
7. Sear on one side for 3-4 minutes
8. Flip and put a knob of butter on top of the patty
9. Sear other side for 3-4 minutes
10. Flip again, top with onion jam, cook for another 2-3 minutes, until internal temp reaches 100 degrees.
11. Transfer to a plate covered with a paper towel to rest to 115-120 degrees (just about 3-4 minutes)
12. Slather aioli on both sides of toasted bun
13. Place patty with onion jam between bun.